About the command "M3/M4/M5"

I am new to Repetier. These days, I am trying to build my own machine. During reading the firmware, I found that " Other tools may use M3 and M5 to enable/disable laser". I check the firmware, however, I did not find them (the detailed coding). 

So, could someone give me a help? Thanks.

Comments

• Firmware has 3 operations modes

- M450 - Reports printer mode

- M451 - Set printer mode to FFF

- M452 - Set printer mode to laser

- M453 - Set printer mode to CNC

And if you have support compiled in these commands have an effect as compiled into driver (default is only on/off). For laser - it will only enable if you increase E or on P1 moves with M3 enabled.

• Repetier said:
    Firmware has 3 operations modes

- M450 - Reports printer mode

- M451 - Set printer mode to FFF

- M452 - Set printer mode to laser

- M453 - Set printer mode to CNC

And if you have support compiled in these commands have an effect as compiled into driver (default is only on/off). For laser - it will only enable if you increase E or on P1 moves with M3 enabled.

Hi! Thanks for your reply.
    What do you mean "For laser - it will only enable if you increase E or on P1 moves with M3 enabled" ? Could you explain it please? Thank you.

• You will not have laser enabled when printer is idle. In fact you will only have it enabled while moving around. And these are the condition on which moves it will enable the laser. The E trick is more for powder type printers using a laser, so they can use slicer output for FDM as input.