Repetier firmware on RAMPS1.4 weird scale issue

Hey all,

I have an Anet A8 3D printer of which the mainboard failed recently (endstop bug etc). I figured instead of replacing it with the same board (which is apparently notorious for issues), i'ld go for the RAMPS 1.4 setup. I've installed that, configured the Repetier firmware for the printer and went to test.. which resulted in weird issues with print scale etc. upon further inspection the printer 'thinks' it's moving the right amount of mm, but isnt.

I uploaded this video to show the issue; https://youtu.be/cdELG5fWh9s

note; the Anet A8 board is x 220, y 220, z 240.
my RAMPS setup is with the drv 8825 stepperdrivers and as you see in the video, the RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller

I tried changing the steps per mm, upped the stepperdriver voltages a bit (turned back down because it made no difference), tried all sorts of settings to see if it would make a difference.. which it didn't. 

Since i'm out of ideas, figured it would be a good idea to throw this into the community and ask for some help / ideas if possible.

((ps; English isn't my native tongue so my apologies for any mistakes))

Comments

• Did you change settings in eeprom editor? Typical error is changing steps in configuration.h but after first upload changes are not copied, unless you send
    M502
    M500
    to replace current eeprom values with configuration.h changes.
  • I'll try that today. Thanks
  • Repetier said:
    Did you change settings in eeprom editor? Typical error is changing steps in configuration.h but after first upload changes are not copied, unless you send
    M502
    M500
    to replace current eeprom values with configuration.h changes.
    that fixed it! thanks so much! i had been stressing out over it the past 2 days.. 
    now off to finetuning the printing itself ^^