Repetier Server - LED Control

So i've run into a bit of a problem. I'm trying to install LED Strips on each of my printers as status indicators, but the boards I am using (Rambo Mini's on the Prusa I3 Mk2MM machines) Don't have very many extra pins & it looks like implementing them into the printers themselves will be quite the headache.

My solution would be to see about using my Raspberry Pi 3's, which are running Repetier Server to run the printers, to control the lights accordingly.

Is there any native controls or pins set up on the Raspberry Pi firmware that already supports this? I haven't managed to find any decent documentation on it as of yet.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• No, that is to special since we support a broad list of systems and pi is only a small fraction.

Since you want to make it indicate a status I would make a simple program for the pi and query the server. See in docs the web api on how to fetch printer status in json format. Recently in this forum there was also a user waning to query status, so if you seach you will find also some informations there.
  • Any chance I could get a link to any of this?
  • Api is in our docs on home page:

https://www.repetier-server.com/manuals/programming/API/index.html

For the forum you have to search past discussions. Max 3 weeks ago.