lower Z below zero?

Hello,

in my current Setup i'm using a contactless Endstop for Z_min. Is there any possibility that I can preconfigure the printer to lower the Z-axis below zero after homing? It works in positive direction using ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME, but using negative values does not affect the printers behaviour.
I'm using Repetier 1.0 dev.

thank you for your help!

Comments

• edited October 2017
    If anyone also needs this: I found a way.

Changing Extruder Offsets (EXT0_Z_OFFSET) works but is not available in the config tool. You can change the values in the EEPROM with Repetier Server or Host or in the code. Be aware that the unit is [steps], so if you want to enter an offset in mm you have to consider ZAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM.
  • Nice trick, but in general the target check will prevent moves to z < 0 if send by gcode. Here it is just a fix to have home behave differently. Using a negative bed coating thickness would probably also work.
  • edited October 2017
    I changed the values in my firmware code, but I would like to continue using the config tool. Does EXT0_Z_OFFSET correspond to
     "zOffset": 0,
    or
     "zOffsetSteps": 0, in the config string?

Is there a complete "translation" of firmware parameter names to config string names? This would be very useful sometimes ;)
  • zOffset is offset in mm and gets converted to zOffsetSteps whcih is EXT0_Z_OFFSET , but of course only if eeprom does update. COnfig tool shows the define name in most cases (guess some are missing, but dev version is quite complete).
  • Ok, thank you!