Auto-leveling - Script???

Hi all

Ok so i must add that i have tried Repetier and Marlin. There are a few pros and cons BUT i have stuck with Repetier as my printer came with it preinstalled and i like its simplicity.

So here is my problem:
I have decided to start using the auto-level feature that it can use. I am using a servo with a microswitch on the Z min end stop.

Now:
1. I can get the printer to do the necessary Auto level moves to the bed coordinates as per what i added in the FW.
2. I can test the movement of the Servo with on Pin 11 i.e. M340 P0 S1500 etc etc

So - what i cannot get working is to initiate autolevel AND have the servo swing down. The microswitch moves on testing the Axis all move BUT the servo just does NOT swing down into place.

Someone on the REPRAP forum has stated that i need to add in start and end scripts in the feature pat of the FW.

IS this true and if so where do i find a sample script - i have NO clue how to create this script? I am using the DEV version as well as the latest 0.98.x or whatever it is. version and neither work.  

Many thanks in advance.

Sean

Comments

• edited October 2017
    HI, twas me on reprap. Its not  a script as such, in the fw configuration tool https://www.repetier.com/firmware/dev/index.php
    in the features page, there is a part where you can add the M340 P0 S****  for probe start and probe finish moves.
    With these set, G32 or G33 will auto deploy and stow the servo as needed.
  • MartinH said:
    HI, twas me on reprap. Its not  a script as such, in the fw configuration tool https://www.repetier.com/firmware/dev/index.php
    in the features page, there is a part where you can add the M340 P0 S****  for probe start and probe finish moves.
    With these set, G32 or G33 will auto deploy and stow the servo as needed.
    AH thanks Martin. I didn't want to exhaust the thread with dumb questions LOL

I do see in the FW there are these lines:
    #define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT ""
    #define Z_PROBE_FINISHED_SCRIPT "" So i assumed these were correct, I have tested with the M340 commands with a direct "command" line send. It works flawlessly. However, I also get the necessary movement to the co-ordinates on the bed BUT i trigger the micro-switch manually as the servo was not deploying. This is why i came to the Repetier group as i assumed it would be, for the most part, M codes native or specific to repetier. I took everything apart yesterday and reinstalled the normal Z end stop. It was just becoming way too frustrating not having it work. Now I believe M401 lowers the servo and M402 raises it again - I just don't know where to set this. Also, when i home Z the probe os off the bed in the Y position about Y-26. SO i guess i need to also modify Z home to be something like: #define ZHOME_X_POS 100
    #define ZHOME_Y_POS 100 SO that it is at least ON the bed for G28 before doing a G29/G32 S2 or whatever lol 
  • Ok, 1st make sure you are using the DEV version of firmware, many probing improvements have been made in this version.

2nd, if you use homing option
    Z up, X,Y preheat Z
    or
    X,Y preheat Z, 
    #define HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_XYTZ
    it should then use the ZHOME coords
  • MartinH said:
    Ok, 1st make sure you are using the DEV version of firmware, many probing improvements have been made in this version.

2nd, if you use homing option
    Z up, X,Y preheat Z
    or
    X,Y preheat Z, 
    #define HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_XYTZ
    it should then use the ZHOME coords
    Ah ok great. Thanks Martin. I will be back at the house in a couple of hours and I will make those adjustments. 

Yes i am using the Dev version.

Thanks again. I will post my results :)