Monoprice Maker Select v2 firmware

Does anyone have a sample config for the Monoprice Maker Select v2 printer? No matter what I try I can't get some things working.

1. The bed does not show up in the UI LCD screen
2. The motors don't move properly at all

Comments

• 1. You must enable HAVE_HEATED_BED to get bed support.
    2. What does that mean? You can invert and change steps per mm (in eeprom) to adjust movement.
  • Thanks for the assist, I have since gotten all the firmware correctly configured, but I cannot seem to adjust the extruder settings properly. I have gone through and done several calibration tests, but to no avail. Is there a specific feed rate and steps per mm value I should use?
  • There is always a maximum speed at which you can heat up filament. If you go faster it is not hot enough and requires more force so you get slippage and not the extrusion you want. You also need the right temperature so it extrudes with required speed, which in turn requires correct thermistor type so resistance-temperature conversion gives some more or less accurate temperatures. 3mm/s should work also for calibration it is better to be on the safe side. You can use calibration also to find out the limit. Extrude 100mm slowly and measure distance and increase speed with every test. At one point you see the distance gets reduced so you know that is the speed limit for your temperature/filament combination. Higher temperatures or other filament may behave differently. But also note that some extruders clog when temperature is too high so keep within sane limits from filament datasheet (maybe plus temperature error).