Expanding fans on radds for part cooling.. Can it be done with repetier firmware?

I'm in the process of getting my qidi dual printer switched to something other than sailfish (what a piece of proprietary trash). I want to go with radds since in need two fans that are automatically cooling the hotends. Now can I pin out an extra fan? What would I need hardware wise to drive one or two manual control fans? I saw something about a D9 pin, but what do in use from there?

Comments

• RADDS has 5 FAN/Heater outputs you can use. Having dual printer you only nead 2 heater outputs, so you have 3 outputs left to connect fans. The first 2 are then used for heaters and the next 3 are then used for fans in this order:
    #define HEATER_3_PIN     11
    #define ORIG_FAN_PIN   9 
    #define ORIG_FAN2_PIN           8 

So use 11 and 8 for extruder cooling fan (these enable when extruder is hot) and you can use 9 for filament cooling.
  • Repetier said:
    RADDS has 5 FAN/Heater outputs you can use. Having dual printer you only nead 2 heater outputs, so you have 3 outputs left to connect fans. The first 2 are then used for heaters and the next 3 are then used for fans in this order:
    #define HEATER_3_PIN     11
    #define ORIG_FAN_PIN   9 
    #define ORIG_FAN2_PIN           8 

So use 11 and 8 for extruder cooling fan (these enable when extruder is hot) and you can use 9 for filament cooling.
    Thank you! I thought I could use them since a mosfet is a mosfet and will drive anything.