Autolevel first point is off the bed

I have been trying to get my BLTouch setup on my Tronxy. I am able to control it appears to be working correctly, however, when I run G32 S2 as i have seen is the auto level command my first point after a X and Y home is off the bed. I can not seem to find the setting in the configuration.h file to account for the point. Any ideas?

Comments

• In the config.h  your looking for

#define Z_PROBE_X1 20
    #define Z_PROBE_Y1 20
    #define Z_PROBE_X2 190
    #define Z_PROBE_Y2 20
    #define Z_PROBE_X3 20
    #define Z_PROBE_Y3 190
    #define BED_LEVELING_METHOD 1
    #define BED_CORRECTION_METHOD 0
    #define BED_LEVELING_GRID_SIZE 5

or in online config tool its in the features menu (you have to tick the 'enable z probing box' to see it tho

• edited May 2017
    Thanks for responding MartinH, however I have changed the X1 value as the Y is moving enough but the carriage never moves more than 25 mm away from Home for the first point. If i trigger it by hand it will move to the next point. If needed I can try to figure out how to post my Config file. This is my section as you posted however, when I issue the G32 command it moves the 25mm away(which is not on my bed) and tries to probe.

#define Z_PROBE_X1 60
    #define Z_PROBE_Y1 20
    #define Z_PROBE_X2 160
    #define Z_PROBE_Y2 20
    #define Z_PROBE_X3 100
    #define Z_PROBE_Y3 160
    #define BED_LEVELING_METHOD 1
    #define BED_CORRECTION_METHOD 0
    #define BED_LEVELING_GRID_SIZE 3
  • #define Z_PROBE_X3 100 should be 60 for grid leveling.

Also remember these points are stored in eeprom so changing in config later does not help unless you recopy values to eeprom again. So check in eeprom editor if they are set correct.
  • Reflashing the Firmware wouldnt reset eeprom?

I will try double checking what EEPROM has for cords but I have tried all 3 options for leveling, Each time it only moves 25 mm from X home and tries to probe which is off the bed.Any way to change the first position its going to? I have modified the #define Z_PROBE_X1 60 and no matter what its set to it does not move anymore than the 25mm.
  • Uploading does not delete eeprom if not explicit said so by changing EEPROM_MODE.

Use
    M502
    M500

to reset to compiled configuration.h settings.
  • Well now that may fix my whole issue. With the original X1 value being 20 that may account for the 25mm move....I will try that and let you know. Thank you!
  • OK,so I used M502 and it said it loaded defaults and then M500 and when I issued G32 it still only moved over 25MM. I am not sure whats going on. Any other idea?
  • Are you using dev version or 0.92.x? This has improved over time so for autoleveling use 1.0. There I just checked it goes to P1 first as stored in eeprom.
  • edited May 2017
    I have used both the 0.92.x and dev version. Both give me the same issues.

**Edit** So some how I redownloaded and flashed and magically my first point is hitting.

What is the proper start GCODE for printing?
  • So first point is hitting fine now, and when Z homing it goes to the center stops to drop moves to the left and once its done probing moves back to the right and continues to plow into my bed.....what in the world is causing that?
  • Check distortion map disable, bed coating 0, z probe height correct, z position after homing positive. All these can influnce z after probing as all get added to final z height.
  • I will check and see. Do you have any idea why it moves to the left when its homing Z then when its finished it moves back right?
  • When it homes Z, it 1st moves the probe to the nozzle X Y position, then does the Z homing, then moves the nozzle back to its correct X Y positiion.
  • My Probe is to the left of the nozzle, but even with that said when it goes back right it still continues to lower into to the bed for a second or two then raises back up. Ive also noticed that onces its done homing Z it moves back to X0 and lowers to I assume Z0. Is that proper behavior?
  • That's exactly what mine does,goes to Z0 after it moves the nozzle back to correct X Y pos. So i guess it is proper :)

I allways heat the hot end to 195 so there is no hard plastic to press into the bed when the nozzle lowers to Z0 after it has homed Z.
  • I couldnt get the errors ironed out but i got marlin working flawless with my bltouch......even though it tired it several times before not sure what happened this last go but its working great. So repetier is taking a back burner for a while till i get the gumption to try again.
  • Thank you all for your input and help.