Printer stops during print

Hello,

I'm running the latest RH software with my Airwolf 3D HD2X.  I slice my parts with Cura in RH and print thru the USB.  All of my power setting in Windows 7 are set to Never so it won't sleep.

The problem is, the printer head and extruders stop during the print.  Heaters still on.  Manual controls don't work and the only thing I can do is Emergency Stop and start over.  This doesn't happen on every print, I would say 4 times now out of 15 prints.

I just recently updated to the latest version of RH but it happened with the last version and the version before that. I'm guessing it's not RH but has anyone experienced this?  I'm trying to narrow it down and decide if it's the machine, the code, the software, the ????. 

Thanks

Robert

Comments

• If you have a lcd control, I guess it would still react.

In expert mode in manual control you see at the bottom a ok button. Try pressing it and see if print continues. If it does, communication has swallowed part of "ok" so host could not recognice it and is still waiting for it. With "ping pong" deselected you can have a few missed "ok" until it stalls. Just make sure buffer size is 127. But it would mean that communication is not as reliable as it should be. You can also check printe rinformation on how many error were seen. a few is ok, but if you get them on regular basis your communication has a problem. Sometimes different baud rates already help. If it not this, it might be the next.

I have seen this happen and it seems to be the usb stack at one side is corrupted/confused or whatever it is. So only reinitalizing it by disabling work. Try a different usb cable, best double shielded and ferrite at the ends. That reduces influence through cross talk and then it is hopefully better.