Can't get the temps right.

Repetier Host has set temps for whatever reason it wants to print and if I try to adjust those temperatures it doesn't accept them. I am trying my hardest to print with ABS but at 200 degrees it just won't do it. It prints PLA just fine, but I've set Rep to not check bed/extruder temps and it still will alter the extruder. 

After reading online about this I see a lot of talk about going into G-code and whatnot. I'm not new to computers but I am new to printing and was just wondering if someone could direct me to some better self-help pages or somewhere where I can read on how to solve this issue. Googling so far has me a bit lost on the code aspect (I really hate coding). Thanks.

Comments

• You set the print temperature and bed temperature in the slicer settings, this then gets added to the Gcode
    look for 
    M190    set bed temp
    M104    set extruder temp
    M109    set extruder temp and wait

• See in host printer settings what the max. temperature is set to. Setting higher values will not work. Apart from this, firmware may also have set a max. temperature e.g. if abs is not supported, also even some PLA needs more then 200°C.
  • It was right there the entire time. Ahh dang it. Might as well have asked me to check and make sure the printer is on the 'on' setting. Thanks, that makes life way better.