Geeetech G2s print cooling

Hi all,

I'm pretty new here but couldn't find anyone with this issue. I have a Geeetech G2S which uses a GT2560 controller which has 4 fan ports. The first is used for the hotend fan, the 2nd is for the extruder, the 3rd is for the main board fan, and the 4th is open or used for a second extruder. I purchased a 40mm fan I want to use as a print cooler which will use that fourth fan plug. I have very little programming experience at the moment although I'm in some classes, but I do not know how to tell repetier to use that pin as the filament cooler. I don't even know where to find what pin that port goes to, sorry I'm new at this. I will give more info as needed, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• On fimrware side it is just entering the digital pin number in the fan pin field.

What pin this is for your printer I can not say. There should be documentation telling you what feature has which pin. Often you find on reprap.org pinouts for boards or google your board for pinout when you know which one is used.
  • Repetier said:
    On fimrware side it is just entering the digital pin number in the fan pin field.

What pin this is for your printer I can not say. There should be documentation telling you what feature has which pin. Often you find on reprap.org pinouts for boards or google your board for pinout when you know which one is used.
    I looked through the pins.h of the original Marlin firmware, and found this:
    // Extruder cooling fans
    // Configure fan pin outputs to automatically turn on/off when the associated
    // extruder temperature is above/below EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE.
    // Multiple extruders can be assigned to the same pin in which case
    // the fan will turn on when any selected extruder is above the threshold.
    #define EXTRUDER_0_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
    #define EXTRUDER_1_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
    #define EXTRUDER_2_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
    #define EXTRUDER_3_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
    and in pins.h the only fan pin is listed as pin 7. I don't know where to input the filament cooling fan pin in Repetier, but if you told me where to do that would I just put pin 7 as it seems they are running all extruder fans off of one pin assignment? I am trying to run my fan off of where the second extruder fan would plug in. Thanks for the help, I'm learning.

• There is very little information on this board but after some serious digging I found this on a forum:
     Fan_PWM=16, Fan_1 = 7, Fan_2 = 5, Fan_3 = 6 
    So if this is the case, where do I plug in that 6? 
  • Just select pin in config tool at the function where you want to use it. So for print cooling fan go to features check enable fan control and in Print cooling fan pin select digital pin 6.