Feature for stationary endstops ?

Hello fellow Repetier users and developers,

i have just moved the x-endstop in my H-gantry printer from the effector on a fixed position near the printers zero point. Now to home the x-axis, the y-axis has to be in the zero/home position, so that the x-endstop is correctly aligned with the trigger tab mounted on the effector.

I set the homing order to HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_ZYX which works perfectly.
The obvious downside is that the x axis will crash an manualy homing only the x-axis when the y-axis is not in the home position.

Long story short... Is there any way to make sure that the y-axis is homed/in the homed position before homing the x-axis ?

I know, the obvious solution would be to simply not manualy home x.
But I use octoprint to controll my printer from my mobile phone when I am in another room. So If I would accidentaly hit the manual home x butten my printer would bang the x-axis into one side for a while. :-/

Cheers !
Max

Comments

• There is no configuration for this case. The only safe solution would be to modify in Printer.cpp the homeX function to either check y coordinate or simply add a y move or a homeY call at the beginning. Siomply calling homeY at the start would be easiest and safe solution and also it would double y home the second one is fast as you are already there so no big problem.