Extracting existing temp tables from firmware

edited January 2017 in Extruder & Bed
Hi. I have a printer with Repetier firmware but no way to obtain the Configuration.h file. I would like to upgrade the firmware but since the temperature sensor types are unknown there is considerable work to do without the existing temperature tables and related temp sensor definition info. Has anyone ever tried to extract the tables from an existing Repetier firmware .hex dump (which I have for this unit). Thanks.

Comments

• I think that would be very hard work since it contains all tables also unused.

What might be easier is try and error. On original use 
    M105 X0
    for different reference tempertures to get temperature plus raw adc values. If the tested table has same temp/adc combinations it is the right one. Most used thermistor is type 1 epcos.
  • It occurs to me that the M105 command could be used to just build generic tables from scratch without knowing the sensor type at all. Given that the current firmware has accurate temps, why not just set various temperatures, wait for them to stabilize, then use those temps and ADC values (via M105) to fill out new generic tables with whatever level of granularity is desired for the new firmware build? Thanks.
  • Sure that would work, but is hard especially for temperatures you should not run or can not run (-negative values). The idea was to have some characteristic values and just check the 13 tables for the values matching best.
  • Thanks again.
  • edited January 2017
    On examination, it appears that my current firmware -- which I intended to use to gather this temperature data -- has the bug where it only shows RAW1 (bed). For the purposes of data collection, is it reasonable to assume that the same thermistor type was used for the extruder and bed, and to temporarily plug the extruder heater and thermistor, or just the thermistor, into the board's bed heater/thermistor connectors that will display as RAW1? Thanks.
  • Right, I remember there being that bug and having it fixed in dev, but that does not help in your case. So no way to extract table from tests:-(
  • Basically I'm just trying to find some way to gather the raw ADC values so that I can build my own table. That's why I was thinking about the switcheroo technique I mentioned above.