OLED SW_SPI DUE RADDS1.5

Hello Repetier Useres,

i try to implement a SSD1306 OLED SPI Display to my Printer by using the Repetier Firmware an got some issues. I'm use a Arduino DUE + Radds 1.5 interface in my Printer, for the tests only the DUE.

So on Step by Step. To be sure the Display Works fine i Download the last Version of the normal u8glib and try the "Hello World".  Like the guy in the YouTube Video (Search for: DUE OLED U8GLIB    Time: 17sek.) i added the Pin 48 in the Routine. As you can see, allready with the Display Pin configuration from the RADDS board.

If i do so, the Display works.

U8GLIB_SSD1306_128X64 u8g(44, 45,48, 46, 47);   // SW SPI Com: SCK = 13, MOSI = 11, DON'T KNOW, CS = 10, A0 = 9

Display Pins are : VCC, GND, CLK, MOSI, CS, D/C

Why i have to add the Pin.....really don't know but without the Display will be Black

Now i try the same with repetier Firmware. So on i create a brand new Sourcecode via Repetier-Firmware 0.92.x with Configuration Tool and only chose

•  Arduino DUE based board 
  •  RADDS

Next Step

• FEATURE_CONTROLLER =1

and in the UIConfig.h 

#define UI_DISPLAY_RW_PIN          -1
#define UI_DISPLAY_D0_PIN          -1      // PINF.5, 92, D_D4
#define UI_DISPLAY_D1_PIN          -1      // PINK.2, 87, D_D5
#define UI_DISPLAY_D2_PIN          -1      // PINL.5, 40, D_D6
#define UI_DISPLAY_D3_PIN          -1      // PINK.4, 85, D_D7
#define UI_DISPLAY_D5_PIN          -1      // PINK.2, 87, D_D5
#define UI_DISPLAY_D6_PIN          -1      // PINL.5, 40, D_D6
#define UI_DISPLAY_D7_PIN          -1      // PINK.4, 85, D_D7

#define UI_DELAYPERCHAR            50

// Special pins for some u8g driven display
#define UI_DISPLAY_CS1 -1
#define UI_DISPLAY_CS2 -1
#define UI_DISPLAY_DI -1
#define UI_DISPLAY_RW_PIN -1

#define UI_DISPLAY_D4_PIN        44    // PINF.5, 92, D_D4  // SCK Pin:  UI_DISPLAY_D4_PIN
#define UI_DISPLAY_ENABLE_PIN    45   // PINK.3, 86, D_E   // Mosi Pin: UI_DISPLAY_ENABLE_PIN
#define UI_DISPLAY_RS_PIN        46   // PINK.1, 88, D_RS  // CD Pin:   UI_DISPLAY_RS_PIN

#define UI_DISPLAY_RESET_PIN 47   

Code will Compile, but the Display don't Show something 

so i have to dig deeper and look in the ui.cpp and see the Funktion

#ifdef U8GLIB_SSD1306_SW_SPI
    u8g_InitSPI(&u8g,&u8g_dev_ssd1306_128x64_sw_spi,  UI_DISPLAY_D4_PIN, UI_DISPLAY_ENABLE_PIN, U8G_PIN_NONE, U8G_PIN_NONE);

why the Funktion hast two "None" Pins ? If i compare with the "Hello World" and use the Variable Value i got:  

repetier:
     u8g_InitSPI(&u8g,&u8g_dev_ssd1306_128x64_sw_spi,  44, 45, NONE, NONE);
Hello World:
     U8GLIB_SSD1306_128X64 u8g(44, 45,48, 46, 47);   

Can please someone help me so make the right definitions to get the Display running?

Thanks a Lot,

Axel

Comments

• I don't have such a display, but feel free to modify u8g_InitSPI call with more pins instead of none. U8glib docs should state what pins it expects there. I guess the one where I needed the code for did not need these pins. Since it is software spi, CS can always be triggered I guess.