Extruder heats up on its own and continues to heat up

Everything was working fine before  switched on the printer. The extruder will heat up as soon as I connect it with power. It continues to heat up no matter what untill I unlug the power. I have tried reflashing the firmware and it was of no use. I can't control it via Repetier host either. Its a RAMPS 1.4 setup

Comments

• I have been using this printer of a couple of days now and its just started doing this

• edited January 2017
    Try to remove the arduino completely and power on the ramps (not the arduino) if the extruder is still heating up you have a short on one of the ramps switching devices. Maybe you also have a cheap ramps 1.4 rib off with another pin assasignment.
  • I also heard that mosfets could get defect staying open, so heating always independent of signal coming from arduino. The idea from @Leier444 is great for testing if ramps itself is defect in this case as well.
  • Thanks for the help. While the test didn't show anything, I have indeed done pin reassignment and now things are working fine. I guess I will have to do big checkup to see whats wrong