Status LED

Hi, I have seen on the net some videos showing the LED operation WS2812b with repetier firmware. Having these at home led wondered if they were officially supported by repetier firmware. It would be really nice as you can install them on some professional printers and if you can convert the light colored in white with the M355 command.
Thank you very much for your help and I hope we can get along with a solution.

Lorenzo

Comments

• It would be interesting, i support this request.
  • Roland, I saw that on the standard version someone has already implemented: https://github.com/imrahil/Repetier-Firmware/commit/5f4263bf007d4f11b47d24e26a7fd5164962df59 I wanted to ask if you can also add on DEV. It would be very nice to associate it with the M355 command (case light) to obtain a white light when you need it and maybe dimmer with an S value from 0 to 100.

Thanks so much
    Lorenzo
  • The problem with light is that there are so much solutions and wishes. You want it dimmed, others want it red while heating, blinking on error etc. And then we have different light solutions. Current solution is to use event system so everyone can have it's own implementation.

In the long run I think we need a solution that can be overloaded and tuned easily. Like a base light class having hooks for all the modes and a driver class defining if it is RGB and can set single leds or only all at once. That would be a solution I'd like to have, but that is not simple a fast to implement despite not having any test printer with such lights. I have some WSxxx leds lying around that I will use for it at some point for testing and writing the function. Not sure when.
  • Repetier said:
    The problem with light is that there are so much solutions and wishes. You want it dimmed, others want it red while heating, blinking on error etc. And then we have different light solutions. Current solution is to use event system so everyone can have it's own implementation.

In the long run I think we need a solution that can be overloaded and tuned easily. Like a base light class having hooks for all the modes and a driver class defining if it is RGB and can set single leds or only all at once. That would be a solution I'd like to have, but that is not simple a fast to implement despite not having any test printer with such lights. I have some WSxxx leds lying around that I will use for it at some point for testing and writing the function. Not sure when.
    Thank you so much for considering my request. For me it would be fine your implementation. I hope for a deployment in the developer version.
    I follow very interested updates