Manual Distortion Map Input

Hello Guys,

I'm building a delta printer and right now I bumped into a problem. I want to set up a distortion map so the z height adjusts itself for different positions of the print bed but the only instructions I find on the internet include the use of a Z probe. 

I wanted to do it manually. Move the print med to a position, elevate it until the distance is as I want it, save the Z difference and move to the next point. I thought that with the G33 it would be possible but if I define a distortion map it requires that I enable Z probing. If I enable Z probing it requires me to define a pin.

Is there a simple way to do it with Repetier or am I messing something here? Thanks

Comments

• It is meant to be done by a z probe so you have to define a z probe with a pin. Use some unused pin and that will be ok.Also you normally measur eit automatically you can do so manually.
    G33 L0

return commands to set current distortion map again. Copy it to editor and change z correction and set these gcodes back to printer, then enable distortion correction manually.
  • When you say to enable distortion correction manually is there a specific command for it or once I change the z correction at G33 it should correct automatically? I managed to change the values but I don't really know how to make sure it is working.

Also, when I define Zmax for the printer should I always do it for the highest point in the distortion matrix or is it fine if I continue using the center of the bed as reference?
  • - M323 S0/S1 enable disable distortion correction P0 = not permanent, P1 = permanent = default

Distortion is added to z without distortion. So normally you take a average height as base for zmax and add corrections based on this. Always think that you do want as less correction as possible especially as it normally vanishes at some height. Also important is to measure always the same when recalibrating zmax. So if center is near average height distortion that point is good for measuring.