#define Z_PROBE_X2 140
#define Z_PROBE_Y2 50
#define Z_PROBE_X3 -28
#define Z_PROBE_Y3 195
#define BED_LEVELING_METHOD 0
#define BED_CORRECTION_METHOD 0
#define BED_LEVELING_GRID_SIZE 5
#define BED_LEVELING_REPETITIONS 5

My probe is LJ12A3-4-Z/BX often open,  and connect the wire to the Z-min Pin directly, when triggered it manually, the   indicator
 is on.
When I run G32, and triggered the probe manually,  the extruder did not stop going down, I don't know what's the matter,wiring problem?Firmware setting matter?
Thanks

Comments

• There are z moves that do not test z probe. E.g. with delta it homes goes down and only then starts probing. A probe hit until that point does nothing. Could that be the case?

• My probe is LJ12A3-4-Z/BX often open,  and connect the wire to the Z-min Pin directly, when triggered it manually, the   indicator
     is on.

These probes output 12 volts (if connected to 12 volt supply) if you have connected the signal wire direct to the Z min pin then you most likely have damaged the the processor port, the signal wire needs to e connected via a resistor volage devider or a reverse bias diode to protect the port pin.

• MartinH said:

My probe is LJ12A3-4-Z/BX often open,  and connect the wire to the Z-min Pin directly, when triggered it manually, the   indicator
     is on.

These probes output 12 volts (if connected to 12 volt supply) if you have connected the signal wire direct to the Z min pin then you most likely have damaged the the processor port, the signal wire needs to e connected via a resistor volage devider or a reverse bias diode to protect the port pin.

No,in this way the output volts just the same volts as input, which is from the pin. I switch back to endstop and the pin work fine.
  • Repetier said:
    There are z moves that do not test z probe. E.g. with delta it homes goes down and only then starts probing. A probe hit until that point does nothing. Could that be the case?
    Hi,I am newbie about the probe, I don't know how it works, shouldn't the z axis stop moving when trigger the probe? Or the extruder stop going down just because we offer a max limit for the z axis, from the max endstop?
  • For normal moves we have a lower limit from z max - you can only go down z length.

Z probe is not tested for normal moves since probes do not trigger at z=0 they are normally ignored. When doing a probe move is the only case where the signal is tested and that move does not know where the bottom is (which is why we are probing) so it will go below 0 if required. 

If you feel unsafe reduce z length to 50% and do G32. Initial move should then stop at 50% and then the probing starts and should also react on manual triggering.
  • BTW: Change values simply in eeprom with eeprom editor in host/server!
  • edited December 2016

Repetier said:
    For normal moves we have a lower limit from z max - you can only go down z length.

Z probe is not tested for normal moves since probes do not trigger at z=0 they are normally ignored. When doing a probe move is the only case where the signal is tested and that move does not know where the bottom is (which is why we are probing) so it will go below 0 if required. 

If you feel unsafe reduce z length to 50% and do G32. Initial move should then stop at 50% and then the probing starts and should also react on manual triggering.
    So I should keep the endstop for z-axis, and move it to the top of the z-axis, set it as z max endstop and setting the correct length, that's how we should set it up to avoid the nozzle & sensor crash the bed?
  • I assumed you were already using a z max endstop as that is the best solution (at least in my opinion) and you mentioned it. I also assumed you had a delta which seems not the case.

You can not have a z min endstop and a z probe. You can only have z probe also work as z min endstop but that normally makes things complicated. Best is z max homing and z back on home set to 2mm to prevent z max triggering after homing even for tilted beds.