Auto bed level "working", software compensation not so much...

Hi,

I have a i3 clone with melzi board and updated to repetier 0.92.9 with 3 point auto bed level enabled. Everything seems to work fine:

Bed gets probed at 3 points at roughly X0,Y0, X0,YMax and XMax YMax and probe readings are repeatably consistent with G32 in start gcode of the print.

Also Z axis is moving up and down as if the software correction is doing its thing.

The problem is, that the first layers are not applied evenly across the surface, on the left side of the bed everything is fine, while on the right side the nozzle is too close to the bed by maybe 0.1 or 0.2mm and the extruder starts to slip on the filament since it cannot push it through the nozzle.

Any idea why this is happening?

Regards,

Murch

Comments

• There are several possible reasons:
    1. Hot bed has different shape then cold bed. Therefore measure with hot bed but also know that inductive sensors will give different results when bed has power.
    2. Bed is not 100% flat. Here measuring a grid instead of 3 points helps. Also distortion correction may help here.
    3. Probe needs force to trigger so bending may differ at points giving wrong rotation. In eeprom you can set bending correction to fix that problem.

• A 3x3 grid works much better, thanks :)

Also I never heard before that a powered bed can influence the inductive sensor. i disabled it during probing, can't hurt :)
  • hai,
    I am new to 3d printer and trying to update firmware and would like your help.
    i am not able to upload , upload starts and light blinks but it is not having change in printer display .
    Printer details: tronxy 
    display that i initially get says 
    P802E_8_V1.6
    P802E_8
    Repetier-0.91

and the board used has a name MELZI V5