Original Config.h File

Hi, first time  looking at Repetier, currently using Marlin but looking for a change.

I notice in the Configuration.h file generated by the configuration tool that there is some text as follows:

"This configuration file was created with the configuration tool. For that
   reason, it does not contain the same informations as the original Configuration.h file.
   It misses the comments and unused parts."

Is there anywhere I can download the original file with all the comments and unused parts in it. I am trying to create a new file from what I have in my Marlin one, and the more comments there are, the better I understand what I am doing.

ex-egll

Comments

• If you download our github sources at https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Firmware you get the original config file with comments. But you should still use the config tool as it makes updating to new version simple since it extends to new settings, but it can not read the original file! So take original for comments but enter in tool.
  • Thanks, I went there originally but didn't dig deep enough!

Understood about using the config tool, that was my plan, I just wanted to get a better understanding of the parameters.

ex-egll
  • edited January 2017
    Repetier said:
    If you download our github sources at https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Firmware you get the original config file with comments. But you should still use the config tool as it makes updating to new version simple since it extends to new settings, but it can not read the original file! So take original for comments but enter in tool.
    Is it a same thing for the dev v1.0.0 ?

For example
    with the config tool :
    #define EXT0_STEP_PIN ORIG_E0_STEP_PIN
    #define EXT0_DIR_PIN ORIG_E0_DIR_PIN

with the original config :
    #define EXT0_STEP_PIN E0_STEP_PIN
    #define EXT0_DIR_PIN E0_DIR_PIN

Which is the right?
  • Normally both are identical since pins.h sets

#define E0_STEP_PIN ORIG_E0_STEP_PIN
    #define E0_DIR_PIN ORIG_E0_DIR_PIN
    #define E0_ENABLE_PIN ORIG_E0_ENABLE_PIN

ORIG_ are the originals as they come from boards while it is possible that the others have been mapped, which is why config tool uses the original ones.