Reconnect while printing?

Hey there,

I recently downloaded the source for Repetier and made it compatible with our 3d-printer. I am currently still in the testing phase so I keep monitoring the printer remotely(its located at work). I just connected to the system that runs repetier-host to see how everything went but I noticed that repetier-host lost connection to the printer. Or at least for the past few hours it didnt receive any information from the printer like the temperature. On the webcam I can see that the printer is still going strong(its printing from SD card). But I was wondering: if I reconnect the printer to repetier-host will that reset the printer? or will it just continue printing like nothing happened?  if this is not possible then I was wondering if something like that would be possible if I use repetier-server? 

Greetings,
Gamma91

Comments

• Both will normally reset printer on connect.

Assuming power etc is stable the main reason for disconnection is power saving. While printing host/server will prevent this but not when idle. In your case sd printing is not printing for the host as the host is not involved and powe saving.