Repetier Protocol Example?

Hello!
I'm trying to understand the Repetier binary protocol, and there is little information about it. So far I used Gcode.cpp to conduct my research.

For example I want to send the command M119,  is this sequence : 0x01 0x00 0x77 the right binary command to send?
And also I have no idea what to send to the printer in order to connect with it. Could you please help me?

Comments

• On github is a doc file with the protocol definition.

You can also check our latest host on github for example (GCode.cs) also this is a bit expired and does not contain new versions but extension is easy with the firmware description.

Your code seems incorrect. First byte has always 128 added to mark it as binary. And you are missing the 2 byte for checksum.
  • So the command should be 0x81 0x00 0x77 Checksum1 Checksum2 ? Also before heading to github, is there anything else on the connect command?
  • There is no connect command also you should send M110 N0 to init line numbering of course (in binary or ascii) otherwise you can not use the line numbers which are essential to get secure communication without missing a command.