Davinci 1.0 AoI w/ Repetier
I recently purchased a Davinci 1.0 AoI off Craigslist without actually seeing it operate, might have been a mistake, but mistake made. It was upgraded to Repetier 0.92 (although I don't know what sub version) and has a what I was told was an upgraded basalt bed. I have not yet hooked it up to my computer, but I have played around with it and found a few things:
1) Auto-bed leveling doesn't seem to work. I attempted it, and it pushes the nozzle into the bed, and the bed actually visibly shifts, and then the LCD reports "Fail" on the first probe point. I have heard that the glass bed had some sort of metal contact on it which was used to detect when the Z-probe made contact.
2) I can't figure out how to properly manually level the bed. I was told to do a "Home All", disable the steppers, and then slide the nozzle over the bed and make sure I can just barely slide a sheet of paper between the bed and the nozzle as I move the nozzle over the bed. However, even when the thumbscrews are adjusted all the way and the bed is as low as possible, the nozzle is too low to move over the bed. I presume this can be fixed by re-setting the Z "Home" point. I think the basalt bed is probably thicker than the original glass bed and this might be the problem.
3) The extruder definitely heats up, as does the bed. However, the bed heat seems to come from the front the bed and spread out. It seems like there is a heater under the bed (possibly at the front of the bed) which gets up to temp relatively quickly but then takes a long time before the bed actually gets to that temperature. If the temperature feedback is on the heater and not the top of the bed (where it counts) I have to assume there is going to be some temperature error even after it comes to steady state, and clearly you'd have to wait quite a while for the temperature to get to steady state.
4) Is there an easy way to determine the version of the firmware (full version), or should I just re-flash it? If I do reflash it, do I have to hit the jumper to clear it?
5) Any estimate as to when Horus will support the built in scanner?
Any thoughts on any of these (particularly the manual bed leveling which seems more critical at this point?)