Having issues printing over TCP connection

Hi there. I'm running a custom Mega board and have added an HLK-RM04 wireless module to it. I've configured the module and most everything works. I'm able to send commands wirelessly and the printer does what I tell it to. However, I haven't been successful in getting a response back through repetier-host (for instance, M119 doesn't give me an output but G0 X20 will make the x axis move). 

Instead, I'm seeing "1 command waiting" in repetier every thirty seconds shortly followed by the "communication timeout - reset buffer block" error. This prevents me from printing, as every time that command is queued up so will any other commands sent to the printer, and it will stall until (what I assume is a handshake) times out. The printer works fine over a wired serial connection. I've checked the baud rates and looked for anything obvious in the firewall with no luck. I'm not really sure what's going wrong here or what I can do to try fixing it, so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Looks like the back channel is not working correctly, hence the timeout followed by sending some more commands. My guess would be the TCP-serial bridge - wrong config or pin.
  • Agreed, it seems like it's something wrong with the config and not with repetier. I tried a virtual serial port instead of a straight TCP connection, and even while using printrun the problem didn't change. I can monitor the data being streamed through that vsp and it looks like the RX and TX counters are reading evenly. Can you be more specific with what you think might be wrong with the conifg or pins?
  • My guess would be RAMPS TX to TCP to be the problem. EIther some other function uses the same pin, it is not soldered correctly, wrong pin connected - something like that. With uart you always set RX/TX and I know it works in general so it must be something like that. If you have a analyser you should be able to see signals on TX even when connecting with usb as we write output to both serials if configured.
  • I figured out the problem, and to be honest I'm pretty upset about it.

So I actually had bought the module from makerbase, which has an added pcb from the rm04 that has a few LEDs, resistors, and an 8-pin ribbon connector, along with a ribbon cable. I tried a bunch of stuff to troubleshoot it, including using two different arduinos, writing a simplistic websocket test, and connecting straight from the motherboard to the RM04 pins instead of the makerspace pinout. To cut a long story short, what was ACTUALLY wrong was the fucking ribbon cable. Of the 8 pins, the only pin that didn't work was the one the TX signal was transmitted through. Go figure.
  • Great you found it - and exactly what I prediced:-) Ok, one of my guesses.