Calibration just wont work ( delta printer )
So, I've been trying to calibrate my prototype machine for days now. I mean, can it really be that complicated?
So today I went a new approach. I've read that one should G32 S2, then go to the lowest Z value possible and add/subtract the Z value from the Z-Probe height. Well I guess that worked like a charm.
I started with Z max length: 574.200 and Z-probe height: 32.500. Nozzle was touching the bed at Z=20, so I changed Z max length back to 574.200 and Z-prove height to 12.500.
I did that until the nozzle was at perfect distance from the bed while Z=0.
Here is the output from the last G32 S2 command:
I then ran G33, here is the result:
So, it does not work. Well, technically it does. Attempting to print results in a floating nozzle which even goes higher in the air at certain points, it's like reversed. I guess something is wrong with my geometry, angles and stuff. But I just dont get the hang of that.
Some more things which aren't really working well:
- If I try to use the height map tool, it always crashes into the side walls of my printer
- This issue came after I've done the stuff I mentioned before, just noticed that if i home and then move Z down like -10 with repetier host, X and Y move down and Z is staying in place. M119 reports every endstop untriggered after homing. ( L )
- Sometimes I am skipping steps. If I start a print as example, while the effector moves down I can hear somewhere it's missing steps and as a result it starts printing in mid-air. Also sometimes after G32 S2, at the exact moment where the last point has been probed and the effector moves back to center, at the start of that move I can hear a humm. It's the humm you'd hear if you have your acceleration way too high I guess, but it's very short and the move continues after that.
So I am really sorry to bother you with my problems, I tried to figure it out for so long now. I just can't anymore.
Here are some of my settings / my configuration: ( still can't figure out how to set frequencies, quad stepping, delays... )
- Nema 17 stepper motors (59Ncm, 84oz.in) 2A
- A4988 pololu drivers ( China, VREF: 0.35v for x, y, z and 0.62v for extruder )
- Arduino Mega 2560 ( China )
- Repetier 0.92.9
- Mechanical Endstops, NO & GND ( ZMax, YMax, XMax )
- ZProbe Mechanical Endstop, NO&GND ( connected to ZMin )
XYZ Movement configuration:
Movement & Delta settings:
Drive system & steps settings:
And in case i missed something, here is my entire configuration:
Thank you so much!