Strange behaviour

hi all, I finally completed a reprap Mendel build (yes, I know it is old, but I started it 6 years ago, but then had a stroke and only recently got back into sort of shape). Anycase, I have been making sort-of-sucessful prints the last few days, mainly printing parts to upgrade the machine..

Today a weird thing started happening. I can control the machine perfectly in manual mode, but when it starts printing, it goes to the max X-Y setting, and runs the extruder at a high speed at that spot, resulting in a blob of molten plastic. The G-code looks fine to me, and it happens with both Cura and Slic3r, telling me I must have changed some setting in Repetier host, but I have no idea as to what can cause it.
I have reset the EEPROM values back to the defaults.Is there a way to single-step through the G-codes so that I can see what is going on?

I am using the latest version of Merlin firmware and everything was working as expected.

Comments

• This is normally a gcode problem. When last print stopped with e.g. e = 1000 and your new print does a
    G1 E10 it will go back 990mm. Your problem is a bit different but I bet it is in your start gcode that there is a G1 Ex move doing this.
  • Thanks... Relooked at the G1 codes and it was wayyyyy outside my bed parameters. Turns me or the cat changed the settings in the printer configuration.