Homing problem with delta printer

ME1ME1
edited April 2016 in Motor Control
Printer is a CZ-1 2.0 Rostock delta kind of printer.
I am new to the 3D printer field.
In principle all works (coolers, steppers, MAX endstoppers according to M119 status)
When I press the all home button in repetier 0.92.4 windows version the axis move so that the hotend carrier crashes to the wall between Z and X axis.
Shouldn't it move all 3 steppers up to the endstoppers at the same time?
If I switch off the printer, slowly move all 3 steppers to approx the same height, switch on again I can go up all 3 steppers to the Z direction using manual control, only X stepper stops as soon as X shows minus values.
What maybe wrong in this case?

Is the
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR 1
[...]
[ Configuration.h that I got from the manufacturer ] wrong?

Comments

• Deltas home all to max and at the beginning all motors move the same time until endstop is triggeren which stops the according axis. Current firmware release even has a test if endstop triggering/untriggering worked as expected. You would see this in host log. So what I guess is that the endstops trigger early, maybe trough crosstalk or wrong configuration. Make sure motor cables/endstop cables are twisted to reduce crosstalk. Check with M119 if all are low when below endstop so you know at least that start signal is correct.
  • ME1ME1
    edited July 2016
    Deltas home all to max and at the beginning all motors move the same time until endstop is triggeren which stops the according axis. Current firmware release even has a test if endstop triggering/untriggering worked as expected. You would see this in host log. So what I guess is that the endstops trigger early, maybe trough crosstalk or wrong configuration. Make sure motor cables/endstop cables are twisted to reduce crosstalk. Check with M119 if all are low when below endstop so you know at least that start signal is correct.

After checking and some good help of the guys at robotrebels.org the
    culprit was a broken soldering to the Z endstopper and a slipping wheel
    on the Y axis. Now homing works and I was already able to print a few
    standard 20mm cubes for calibrating:

;-)
  • Ah yes and the
    #define X_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Y_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Z_HOME_DIR 1
    was also wrong.

This was also necessary to make it work:
    #define X_HOME_DIR 1