Extruder extrudes during retraction

Hi everyone!

I have a Felix printer using the provided repetier firmware and software. When I enable retraction, or manually want to retract in case of changing filament, the extruder stepper rotates in the same direction as when it is extruding.

I have tried different steppers, I have tested the stepper on the Z-axis. No problems what so ever with the stepper motor itself. I was hoping I could get some assistance in solving this problem.

When looking at the firmware I noticed the option to reverse the extruder, but then I guess the extrusion would reverse along with my retraction.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Sounds like the direction pin does not get changed for you. Today I tested current 0.92.9 on a Felix pro and retraction worked.

What is if you swap to extruder 2 driver. Does it still not work. What firmware version are you using?
  • Sounds like the direction pin does not get changed for you. Today I tested current 0.92.9 on a Felix pro and retraction worked.

What is if you swap to extruder 2 driver. Does it still not work. What firmware version are you using?
    I am currently trying to upgrade my firmware to the dual extrusion one , so I can test this. The problem is that I am getting the following error;

pins.h:1591: error: pasting "/* PINB.3, 22, MISO*/" and "_DDR" does not give a valid preprocessing token

I am currently trying to upgrade my firmware to the dual extrusion one , so I can test this. The problem is that I am getting the following error;
    pins.h:1591: error: pasting "/* PINB.3, 22, MISO*/" and "_DDR" does not give a valid preprocessing token
    I was able to get the firmware uploaded by switching back to arduino 1.0.6.  When I connect everything to the second extruder connections, it works. However its backwards, but thats a quick fix. 

I was wondering if it was possible to change the stepper controls in the single extruder firmware to use the 2nd extruder stepper.

This, so I can connect everything as originally connected except the stepper motor. Since I am only using a single extruder.
  • Okay everyone, I was able to switch the connectors and now everything is working fine. Thank you Repetier for pointing me in the right direction.

If anyone is experiencing the same problem; I fixed it by opening the file "pins.h" and replacing all the values of "ORIG_E1" with the values of "ORIG_E0" and vice versa. I did this for all of the Mega boards since I wasn't sure wich board Felix was using.

• Looks like you have a older pins.h then in 0.92.9!

The preprocessor has in latest arduinos a stupid habbit of adding comments as well which breaks the macro magic causing your above compile error. You need all pins.h defines you use without comment at the end.

You should just have select in configuration.h OEIG_E1 instead, much easier:-)