Problems to get SD Card work.

Hello, I'm having some troubles to get SD card work with latest firmware.

I have set SDSupport to 1. Ui im using is RepRap Discount smart controller. I have hooked the SDRamps to Ramps1.4 correctly (checked it many times) but i won't get any confirmation that there is even SDSupport enabled when i start the printer. SD menu on LCd is empty, Repetier-host will send the commands when trying to mount SDcard but nothing happens. It wont even say that SD card init fail when i don't have sd card in reader. Where i should go looking for why/where SDsupport is disabled. I believe something is overriding Configuration.H sdsupport line..

Comments

• having the same problem 
    Ramps 1.4
    Reprap Full graphic smartcontroller
    Repetier firmware 0.92 (latest) uploaded with Arduino IDE 1.6.7
    and when in insert an SD card formatted in FAT32 nothing happens and SD in controller is empty even though i copied .gco and .gcode files on there.

any thoughts?
  • Same problem here. Ramps 1.4. Firmware 0.92. 
    4 GB SD Card. FAT32. Full graphic smart controller.

I have tried short filenames and .gcd

The controller displays that there is a card inserted but does not read any files on it. I don't see a SD init fail message upon connecting. Is there a solution for this? 
  • Running RAMPS1.4 with Reprap discount graphics controller.
    Had trouble with the SD as well.
    Found somewhere else in the forum, that using old slower SD cards, or some of the dodgy Chinese SD cards, it won't work, as if no cards installed.

Tried a class 4 Kingstone 8Gb SD card and found it works no problem.

Has something to do with the SD card timimng.
  • SD card works on Marlin but when i ported to Repetier i can't see any of the files on it
  • Does mounting sd card work? Could be a wrong SS pin defined.