Manual SD Mount

Hello! I'm currently using Repetier in a printer I made with a custom board but with the very same connections as the "RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller" with a RAMPS v1.4 Board. The only difference is that my SD Slot doesn't have a SD Card Detection pin so Repetier is not mounting the SD Card unless I put to ground pin D49.

Is any way to manually mount SD Card? For example when entering the SD Card menu try to mount the SD Card if not mounted? I should call SDCard::mount() when entering the SD Card menu but I can't find what is called or used when entering the SD Card menu. Any idea if this is possible? I tried putting ORIG_SDCARDDETECT to -1 thinking it will manually mount the SD Card at some point but it doesn't.

Comments

• You need

#define SDCARDDETECT        -1

but ui.h defines this again if you select RRD GLCD, so you need to change it in ui.h for that board. Then you get mount/unmount command in sd card menu.

• Thank you very much! I was missing that in ui.h, thank you! :)
  • Hi there!

I like to have the convenience of a mount/unmount command in sd card menu as well, but using a XYZ Davinci 1.0 - with 0.92 what to change for this printer?

THANKS!
  • I'm using an microSD extension cable with the DaVinci 1.0! I'm not sure if the board got a pin to detect the SD-card when inserted. All I know is that I need to powercycle the printer to get the card recognised, so I assume there is no such pin!??

I've looked inside the CONFIGURATION.h to active the manual mount/unmount command in the display.

#define SDCARDDETECT SDCARDDETECT // original

changed to

#define SDCARDDETECT -1 //will give compile error "1" works but makes no change!?

UI.h

There is no #define for motherboard 999 ... !?

Can't get it to work - still always need to powercycle printer! Can someone please help!?