Filament Odometer

Hello

I just changed over to the Repetier Firmware from Marlin mainly for the filament odometer. So far I still haven't figured out when the EEPROM is updated with the current count. Would it be when a certain G-code is sent?

Thanks

Comments

• Everytima all heaters go off the values are updated. This normally happens at the end of a print, so we have not too many writes wearing out eeprom.
  • Ok that makes sense. I just had a print finish and the log output said the filament count was 8.491m yet the EEPROM only said the filament count was 5.846m. The print usage was the difference between the two. So it knows the filament was used yet did not update the EEPROM. Is there a case where it won't update the EEPROM?
  • Yes, it stores unstored difference so on lcd you see the real value.

It will not store values if you disable printer before turning off heaters. But a normal printjob does this and normally you finish your print.
  • Ok so what's happening is the firmware is updating the EEPROM value but not resetting the current print usage. So until I start a new print the readout on the "Printing Time & Filament Printed" screen is higher then actual. Because it is a sum of the EEPROM value and current print usage.
  • No, what you see in lcd is stored eeprom + current usage and on heate roff current usage is added to eeprom and reset to 0.