Printer Hangs and Restarts after Z Probing

edited February 2016 in Questions & Answers
Hello all, i've just joined this forum and this is my first post. First of all I would like to commend the work that has been achieved by this community and by Repetier :)

I have a Prusa i3 printer (Zonestar, running a Melzi control board) which I have been upgrading with an inductive proximity sensor for z-probing. After some troubles I finally managed to compile and upload v0.91 firmware onto the printer and set up z-probing. I know 0.92 is recommended but im still working on that as I have compiling issues at the moment.

Anyhow, after probing 3 positions the printer runs the 'after probing' script and begins to Home X, upon which the printer hangs and restarts. Checking the messages on repetier host, it shows that the printer has returned the 3 probe position heights correctly. Has anyone experienced something similar before and can point me in the right direction?

Heres a video of it happening:

My thought is that it might be hanging when trying to save the probe values?
Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• It is always a good idea to show the full log of that process.Wouldn't it run home Z after probing to measure height in that version and not X? I could think  that it takes too long and the watchdog triggers maybe. But that is something the log would show.
  • Oh I forgot to watch the video.

Strange as it is not the watchdog as I see no restart reason at all. I also see the rotation matrix was not set, so leveling was not finished. Can't imagine what goes wrong and would advice to go to 0.92.8 and solve compile issues. Use latest 1.6.7 ide and it should compile fine while 0.91 only compiles with old ide versions.
  • Hi Repetier, thanks for the input. My thoughts are that its perhaps crashing when trying to calculate plane or save the matrix?

Anyhow I did as you said and managed to configure and load 0.92.8 onto the printer last night and the problem seems to have went away: 

Dont know what it was but I guess it doesnt matter now! Thanks again for your work :)