Z_PROBE_HEIGHT setup

It may seem simply, and I thought it was, but I'm having problems getting an accurate z=0.

This what my setup is:

-I have the latest formware as of Fen 6-2016. My printer is a corexy
-I have no zmin-endstop BUT I have a zmax-endstop setup.
-I'm using Reptier Host
- I have a 8mm inductive sensor

The trigger distance from nozzle to bed is 1mm

these are my config settings for the above:

#define Z_PROBE_HEIGHT 1

#define ENDSTOP_PULLUP_Z_MIN true
#define ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING true
#define MIN_HARDWARE_ENDSTOP_Z false

This is what I do...

Home x then Home y using the Reptier buttons
then run G32

Everything seems to go ok, the probe moves to the three spots and take it's measurements. The log says "autoleveling enaabled"
When I move the head/extruder/probe around the bed I can see the z adjusting for height. I'm within 1-2 mm level.

HOWEVER... when I enter g0 z0 the head/nozzle crashes into the bed even when over a measuring spot. I discovered that true z0 is actually at z3 or z3.25.

Incidentally, after I do the home x, home y and G32 ... I sometime home z which is setup to go to Max Z. I then go to z10 and it crashes before I get there. Whats up with that? I'm thinking I have the "true" z height entered incorrectly in the Repetier Host? I was never too worried about that since I always had a zmin endstop... but now I don't. It doesn't seem that a Zmax endstop is needed for a corexy?

Thanks for any help. I would like to get the  Z_PROBE_HEIGHT setup correctly. Maybe I just don't understand it?

Also... what does the G29 do? I should I bee doing that instead of G32?

Otherwise everything seems to work great?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I've been fiddling with it today. G29 isn't an option. I found that after homing z and x then running g32 I can get the closest. I've played with the Z_PROBE_HEIGHT ill getting closer to true z=0

If I go to z10, then toggle down z1.0 at a time until I'm touching the glass, I'm touching at .40

I tried added .40 and subtracting .40. Just can't get to z=0 without crashing the nozzle.

Any help would be appreciated

Btw... When I do a z home to max. All this doesn't work. If I go to z10 after homing z to max I crash the nozzle. Anyone know why?
  • I think I have it working. But the move back on zmax after I g g28 doesnt seem to work.