Issues in repetier host 1.6.0 when using a m8-m9

I have been running repetier host for yrs as a cnc plasma table without issues..I added a plate marker to the machines and it messes up when running a g code for plate marking.. It works great for g codes for plasma cutting but if I run one that has a m8 or m9 it will randomly try to reset the printer and fail..i have tried two different computers,three different usb cables,two different controllers ..Reflashed the firmware with different versions and still it does it..When it messes up it sends some really jumbled code or it will it will send a reset when running the code?I am starting to run out of things to try any help would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

•    Dang forgot to add the details about my setup.. I am running windows, with megatronics v2.0 using modified marlin firmware ...The last machine I did had the plate marker as well and it worked fine..
  • M8 and M9 have no specialmeanings I know about, so I assume they get send as given. If you have in log commands activated I guess you see them as expected + line number and checksum. Inthat case I must assume it comes from Marlin doing strange things on these commands.

What happens is you connect with Arduino serial and send M8 or M9?