Issues with firmware configuration

edited January 2016 in Repetier-Firmware
Hello,

i build a 3D printer myself, using Repetier. I have learned a lot about it and the printer is running very well.
At the moment i have 3 issues i cant solve. I was searching for some information, but couldn't find anything. I hope you can help me.

I use The Ramps 1.4 Board. The hotend is connected to D10 and T0.
Some days ago i added a heatbed on D8 and T1.

It worked very well!

Issue 1:

Today i connected the hotend fan (who was connected to 12V before) to D9
In the firmware configuration tool i set "Thermo Coupled Fan Pin" at the "Feature" page to "Fan Pin" and the "Thermo Fan Temperature Sensor Pin" to "T0".
The fan is now starting, when T0 reaches 50°C

BUT the confusing thing is, that the heatbed temperature is now reading from the extruder (T0).
In repetier it is set to T1 !

I Also tried to use T2 for heatbed thermistor, but it still shows the T0 heatbed temperature until i disable "Thermo Coupled Fan Pin"

Issue 2:

I wanted to increase the retraction and retraction undo speed of the extruder. It was set to 20mm/s before. Because i have not seen any difference using 30mm/s, i raised it to impossible 200mm/s. But still no change happens! It remains on 20mm/s.

I set the 200mm/s value in firmware, EEPROM and Slicer. But it remains on 20mm/s

Issue 3:

Also, the Z axis acceleration can't be changed. I use a gearing for Z-axis so i need around 2500 steps for 1mm in travel. I used 0,2mm/s for Z until now, but wanted to increase it.
But even if i set the acceleration to 0,001mm/s², the Z axis is at full speed from the beginning.
It also doesn't work to use 0,3mm/s or 0,4mm/s. It remains at 0,2. (Changed limit in firmware and EEPROM)

THANKS for your help, and continue your great work!

PS: It is very very confusing, that the parameters, who can be configured in EEPROM, are still visible in the firmware configuration tool, when EEPROM is actived. Have you thought about hiding the parameters?

Comments

• Issue 1 is ease. Firmware bug. Is now solved in latest version.

Issue 2: Normally slicers add their own retraction in their own speeds. These values are only valid for G10/G11 retractions. Also they are limited by max. extruder speed.

Issue 3:There is a parameter Jerk z that defines start speed. Normally 0.3mm/s so with your low speed this is already the start speed. There is also a minimum z speed used internally for numeric stability, bit I think that is not the limiting factor. Speeds up to 2-3 mm/s with acceleration 50 are normally no problem.

We can not hide eeprom parameter in configuration.h. 
    a) They are the initial values on firmware uploads.
    b) we can restore these values as fallback with a M command.

• Thank you!

Regarding issue 1: Is the lates version already released? I created the firmware today 0.92.8 and i still have the problem?
    Regarding issue 2: So the Jerk Speed is always the minimum speed for all travels? Sorry i didn't get it.
    Regarding issue 3: 2-3mm/s is a problem, due to the low cost geared steppers (+ threaded bar) i use. But why has the acceleration of 0,001mm/s² no effect?

I didn't mean to hide the parameters in configuration.h.
    I meant to hide all EEPROM parameters in the web-configuration-tool, when EEPROM is activated, (Like the configuration level) because (as i understood) they have no effect, if EEPROM is enabled.
  • 1: Yes
    2: Start speed is 50% of jerk unless speed is lower.
    3: As you start with full speed we do not accelerate. Also not sure if 0,001 is numerical useful as it would take ages to accelerate and that is not needed.

eeprom: I understood you well, but as I said these are initial values for first upload, otherwise you would have to set eeprom for each new printer by hand. Also changing eeprom mode makes it copy the values again.
  • I created a new firmware 5 times now and the bug was still present. Now i changed all values (T0, T1...) to wrong ones, created a firmware, changed it back to the correct ones, created a firmware again and it is wirking now! Temperatures are now correct. I think it is still not 100% fixed

Thank you again.
  • Did you download including zip with fixes? If you only updated config it will not help:-)
  • Downloaded everything (Firmware incl. config)
    I also deleted the old download every time.