Using retraction and weighted extruder mixing and losing steps when changing virtual extruders.

I don't know if it is my settings of the slicer or  firmware settings problem. But does anyone have a problem with losing steps when changing virtual extruders while retracted. Lets say I am running weights of 5,5,1 on my three filament drivers. I finish that color and it retracts to go back to the prime tower to purge the next color that is weighted 1,5,0. But when it unretracts with a weight of 1,5,0 it runs the mixing chamber dry until it catches up because extruder was weighted with a  5 on retraction and a 1 unretracting. I am using the latest version 0.92.8 if it helps.   

Comments

• I turned off retraction when extruders are disabled and it seems to have fix the problem I was having with losing steps changing virtual extruders.
  • I guess this is something the firmware can not really solve, so a slicer solution is much better as you did. There is one other solution and that is firmware retraction. If I remember right firmware retraction retracts all filaments the same amount which solves the problem.
  • I will test out firmware retraction thanks for the info.
  • First tests with firmware retraction is awesome and working very well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.