Octorprint Error "Missing linenumber" with Repetier Firmware

Hi all,

I use a Raspberry Pi running Octoprint as a print server.
What I've noticed is that there is some quirks when it comes to it working with Repetier.

One of the most annoying ones is when I either cancel the print or when it ends and sends the M80 command to power down.
Ocotprint starts complaining about Missing LineNumber and to fix it I need to disconect/connect the printer a few times:

From the logs:

Print ends and send M80 to power off:
---
Recv: wait
Recv: wait
Send: M80
Recv: Error:Missing linenumber
Changing monitoring state from 'Operational' to 'Error: Missing linenumber
'
Recv: 
Recv: Resend:65563
Recv: ok
Recv: 
Recv: Resend:65563
---

Cancel Print Action:
---
Changing monitoring state from 'Printing' to 'Operational'
Recv: ok 5126
Send: M84
Send: M104 T0 S0
Changing monitoring state from 'Operational' to 'Error: Missing linenumber
'
Recv: 
Recv: Resend:5127
Send: M140 S0
Recv: 
Recv: Resend:5127
---

Now I'm not sure if this is to blame Repetier or Octoprint, but I'm posting it here to get some feedback 
and see if anyone else have noticed the same.

I also noticed some issue with reading the temperatures but those are less annoying.

Comments

• It is hard to say as the log does not contain line numbers. So we only know which commands get send, but not if the line number was included. Since firmware complains about it I guess it is in deed missing. To fix a different problem the firmware now expects line numbers once it gets commands with line number. But maybe Octoprint does not add line numbers to gcode scripts send?

Check gcode.cpp line 244

} else if(lastLineNumber) { // once line number always line number!

if(Printer::debugErrors())

{

Com::printErrorFLN(PSTR("Missing linenumber"));

}

requestResend();

return;

}

and delete the complete else part if you want the firmware to accept mixed commands with/without line numbers.

• Ok thanks for the help.
    I'll give that a try and report back after testing.

Should Octoprint send these line numbers?
    I know that it was made to not only with Repetier but also with Marlin and other firmwares.
    Just trying to understand if this is something I should raise with Octoprint.
  • In my option it is not wise to mix sending lines with and without line numbers. You do this to register missing lines and to be able to resend those lines, so if a software can send line sit is better to do so for all lines. I never had in mind someone would try to mix. I'm not confident enough with octoprint to say they do or not, I can only say they should not mix in case they do.
  • same issue here. My Felix with 0.91 works flawless, Prusa I3 RAMPS and Arduino Mega with 092.9 is showing the described issue. Only to disconnect and connect solves the Problem. At least with cura i am able to print the whole object and the error occures just at the end of the print, slicing in Simplify causes this error to Show up also right in the middle of the print.

Solution for that Problem is absolutely needed.

• You need latest 0.92.9 where I fixed that problem. Guess you have a older 0.92.9