New to Repetier setting up RADDS+DUE+RAPS128

I am setting up a Delta with RADDS1.5+DUE+RAPS128 with Hall-E end stops. FSRs with JohnSL FSR Endstop Board for bed leveling, 24v E3d v6 effecter. Kysan 1124187 .9 steppers , Kysan 1040222 Gear Ratio 5.18:1 for exstruder. 24v power supply, 12v heat bed, thermistor don't rember the type.

Looking for some sample configuration.h files. And some advice on most practical delta set ups using repeatier Firmware. Have not used Repetier or Merlin or RepRapferware. But have used Machinekit on a previous Delta.

Comments

• Got it up and moving sorta x and y moves are working z is moving up 10mm when I try to move it down and does nothing when I try to move it up. It sees the end stops, thermistors. But the heat bed and extruder are not heating up so back to look at my configuration.h file
  • It states that Due boards need a Delay stepper high signal. How do i calculate this?
  • I jest inverted XYZ 

same problem as above here my Configuration file.

• For RAPS128 you need to enable "invert enable signal" that is the only special thing there.

Us M119 to see if a max endstops work properly or they may prevent moves. Make sure to have NO zmin endstop. You FSR is z probe not a min endstop. Thats all required to get it running.

For temperatures check log. You normally get a reason when it does to dry run for some reason like missing thermistor (maybe wrong pin selected).
  • Thanks for the feedback.
  • Have it up and running had a bad thermistor and my Hall-E where normally closed. I had thought they where normally open. Now I. Jest need to set up auto leveling.
  • Here's my config file. I am still tweaking thing but it work quite well. 

Radds 1.5***raps128***Delta ***Proximity probe***heatbed***one extruder***
  • Thanks for the help Couture.
  • Is there a good document on using FSRs for auto leveling a delta,
  • FSR works the same as other z probes only things to watch out
    - Heat nozzle so no filament drop changes result
    - z probe height is near zero depending on wanted default distance.
    - FSR must be a digital signal
  • Here's my config file. I am still tweaking thing but it work quite well. 
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lq7lcifbu1ytu5t/AAAUoGjSx0SXED9e2aQa7PPoa?dl=0

Radds 1.5***raps128***Delta ***Proximity probe***heatbed***one extruder***
    Would you please provide your config file. I'm trying to setup a delta with RADDS RAPS128 and when I try to move on Z its very jerky and only X and Z tour moves and not the Y tour. Having a good config with my configuration would help me advancing with debug. Thanks.
  • Here my RADDS delta setup

steps, extruder etc will not match your printer I think, but it controls all motors correctly.
  • Thanks. Your config worked. Something in my config wasn't set correctly and also one motor had an imperfect wiring. The most notable differences in my config was:

deltaSegmentsPerSecondPrint: 300,
    deltaSegmentsPerSecondTravel: 300,
    deltaSegmentsPerLine: 80
    stepperHighDelay: 1
    directionDelay: 0
    stepDoublerFrequency: 80000
    doubleStepDelay: 0
    moveCacheSize: 24

Do you think these differences can make such a big difference? My axis as very jerky movement.
  • Also do you see any issue if i use raps128 drivers at 1/128 microstepping with 16tooth gt2 belts. This makes steps/mm for axis to be 800.
  • You can set stepperHighDelay 0, I have other drivers. These changes make a huge difference as they use the big memory (compared to avr) to buffer more and the higher segments per second make it more smooth. Resolution wise I'd maybe take 64 microstepping. Makes moves smoother and we have the speed.

Single moves can be a bit jerky but during print it should not happen. This is due to accelerating/decelerating between lines when a line has started printing and more lines get filled in.
  • Thanks for your help. Now I'm able to move axis smooth at 1/64 microstepping. Thermistors works, fans works, hot end works. But I have a strange issue with my LCD. When I click the wheel and go to menu I can navigate only between first two items. Also when I insert a SD card into LCD I get SD init fail after couple of seconds. If someone have a clue what to check please let me know. I have RADDS specific LCD with 4x20.
  • Check contacts of the wires and make sure not to cross/be parallel to heater and motor cables. The inputs are quite sensitive. Toggling between menu entries can happen if only one signal line of the 2 encoder signals changes. So maybe the contact is somewhere missing.
  • You were right about menu navigation ... I took out and put back the cable from LCD and now it works. But regarding SD init fail the problem still persists. I read somewhere that the pin assigment for SD is wrong and need to change it?
  • Not for the RADDS display. There sd pins are set correctly. You have to use the sd card on the display, not the one on board and board sd must be empty! They share pins but only one of them works as they use different slave select pins.
  • I'm not sure how to debug this. When I insert the sd card it display "SD card inserted" and everything freeze for few seconds. After that in Repetier Host I get the error "SD init fail". If I go to see the content of SD card it show empty screen. I'm attaching my Configuration.h if someone can give me a hint. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73nvpcsr7z82qca/Configuration.h?dl=0
  • If I take out LCD cable for SD and use SD slot from RADDS I get same behavior.
  • I tested the SD card with version 0.91 and SD works perfect. As I understood there was some timing changed in 0.92 related to SD but not sure what are those. Can some one point me to where they are? Thanks.
  • No one can help with this?