Repetier Server - Pi - Acting very strange

Repetier Experts,

I've used a raspberry pi to create a print server using the server software in hopes that it will un-teather a laptop that I've got permanently glued to my printers.

Setup was a snap, and connection to the printers also went very smooth. I have full control over the motions of them, temperatures, etc.  Very nice software.  Unfortunately, whenever I send something to print from Repetier-Host, that's where the weirdness happens.

The printers draw the outline skirt just fine, and then pretty much just do whatever they want after that.  It looks like they're ~trying~ to print the little calibration cube - but they fail miserably.  Speeds are adjusted randomly, and the printer never raises the Z axis.

Never seen anything like it before.  - All of my printers are Arduino/RAMPS combo, loaded with Marlin firmware, and work great when attached to a machine using Repetier-Host.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Seems like we have a bug in combination with marlin sind 0.70. We are searching the source and will release 0.70.1 as soon as we have found it. If you can create a log for printing and post where you get the resend error plus 200 lines before it happens and 100 lines after first resend. That could help to analyse the reason.
  • Finally had a chance to get back to this - and it appears you are right on the money.

After uploading 70.1 it appears to have resolved my particular issues.  I have yet to put my Prusa i3 behind the Pi, but my Delta printer (which is also an arduino/ramps combo just as the i3) works flawlessly.  I'll try the Prusa when time permits outside of my work schedule.

Keep up the good work guys!  :)