Cutting into pieces

I need a software to simply cut off the bottom neck part of a 3d model already in STL format. I've tried Blender ( keeps crashing) tried Meshmixer ( wont go pass EULA page ). I've printed before but why can't I find a software that loads and works.

Comments

• You could just use PrusaSlicer to do this. It can subtract volumes like boxes from a model before slicing. Eventually move it down z as much as you want. In that case it might even be enough to just slice it as it will then start still at z=0. Just autoplace will move it always up so it fits in z so watch out for that.
  • I appreciate the help. I've tried prusia as I actually like prusia more than a few others. The issue I'm having is the STL file is the head of Dexter. Daughter loves the guy and I make masks. Issue with the file is when I move it beneath the platform I still can't size enough because the portion under the platform exceeds the platform limits. I would like to cut off neck and split head in equal sections front to back. I've tried splitting as well but any software I use becomes unstable and non responsive. I'm running Windows 10, 1000 gig SSD with 32 gigs of ram. Tried Meshmixer which I've heard really good reviews but I've accepted the terms but when loading it takes me to another eula terms page with a bunch of different links. I can drop this below the platform but leaves a 3 day print job. Just looking for software ( not free ) but not Z Brush kind of coin to purchase and eliminate these kinds of set backs.