Due + RADDS external SD

Hello,

Using a  RADDS shield and an arduino Due and I am trying to connect and configure an external SD module for use with Repetier firmware 0.91.4.

I am relatively sure I have it wired up properly:
But I am not sure what changes I need to make to repetier firmware to use the SD module.

Original Post for more details about what I have tried already
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/deltabot/ojmM0SZcoMo

Comments

• actually 0.92.4 not 0.91.4
  • You need to set card detect to -1 if you do not connect CD. Also connect to CS1 which is the one defined by the board. For some unknown reason the RADDS display uses cs0 but at leat it defines it that way.
  • No luck with that.
    how can I manually set the pins for:

MISO
    MOSI
    CLK
    and CS

they seem to be scattered about in several places, and its hard to tell if I am setting them in the right place.

is there a way to add an echo that will display what values are used for specified variables while compiling?
  • The only thing you can change is CS, CLK, MISO and MOSI are hardware pins designed a special function. If you define it outside pins.h you need also to set the channel, like this

#define SDSS            10

#undef SPI_PIN

#define SPI_PIN         77

#undef SPI_CHAN

#define SPI_CHAN        0

At the end of pins.h you see the 4 possible pins and according channels.

No echo for variables.

• Hi

You could also consider to by the LCD unit for the RADDS, it has I cardreader built-in.

• Edv. That thing is very pricey, and looks so 1996 with that 4x20.

I never was able to get this to work. I switched over to a Full Graphics LCD+SD and I am having some luck there....the SD-reader works at least.