Ender 3 wont connect to server

Hello, this is probably just me being dumb but whenever I try and set up my ender 3 v2 on repetier server it will not connect. It doesn't even show up as an option in the USB selector. While I would say there is probably something wrong with the printer there is not as I just disconnected Ocotprint from it to give this software a try. Any advice yall could give would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Comments

• So you are using the printer on the same device as with octoprint? Our image (assuming you use raspberry pi) uses latest raspbian os so I would expect it to show all visible serial ports. Some printers require the printer to be powered to show usb port. But then linux should see it. As test run in linux terminal

lsusb

and

ls -l /dev/serial/by-id

first command shows all devices connected as usb device. Last should have an entry with serial port.
  • Sorry about taking a while to respond, I tried all of that before posting the question so i ended up just swapping the main board out for a skr mini and it works now. Not sure what happened, but gave me a reason to upgrade it.

One other question though I cant seem to get more than one device whether it be a printer or camera to work through a usb hub. I have the hub plugged into a 3.0 port and it is a 3.0 hub that has an external powersupply if that matters.
  • edited July 7
    Just saw another discussion that your unsure if hubs work on a pi. I have a spare nuc I'm going to swap the pi out for.

Thank you anyway. :smile:

• Normally I would expect linux to support the hub and show all devices on it. You can always see it in syslog if there is a problem. Easiest solution is to run
    tail -f /var/log/syslog
    and then connect extra devices. You see then if linux disconnects hub and for what reason if that is why you do not see the devices. This is more a linux issue then a server problem, so hope it works on the nuc. Pi is sometimes criticial with electronic behaviour connected and stable power. With powered hub this should not be an issue at all.