Z babysteps not work properly with Repetier screen

I have enabled the option to add the Z babysteps to the Probe Z Offset, in the hopes that I could do the live babystepping to get the z offset right and that it would be saved for subsequent prints. I found that this doesn't work, and that the z babystep needs to be done for each print even though it gets correctly added to the Probe Z Offset.
Baby step z used to work and then stopped. I thought maybe upgrading the firmware would fix it but no, still not working. Any help?
Baby Steps doesn't work properly whenever I use the Repetier screen. It was not go up or down. And without repetier it works properly (TFT screen)

Comments

• The main reason for babysteps is to change z without changing official z. It is not directly connected to z probe offset. If that offset is changed or how depends on the firmware you are using and maybe even the version or configuration.
  • Thank you for your clarification regarding the purpose of babysteps. I understand that it’s intended to adjust the Z-axis without altering the official Z offset.

After updating to Repetier Server version 1.5.0 from 1.4.16 with Marlin firmware, we're encountering a significant issue. Whenever we initiate a print through Repetier Server, the Z-axis starts at an elevated height, which disrupts the printing process. Moreover, when we attempt to correct this height using babysteps, the adjustments do not seem to take effect.

Could this issue be related to the firmware or configuration settings post-update? Any guidance on how to resolve this problem, particularly ensuring that the Z-axis starts at the correct height and that babysteps adjustments are effective, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance!

• In install_dir/firmware/marlin.xml the command for babystep is defined like this:
    <command type="babystepZ">M290 S{f:babyz}</command>
    Reading current doc
    https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M290.html

It can modify probe offset depending on BABYSTEP_ZPROBE_OFFSET when you compiled marlin.

But during a print babystepping is delayed. All commands in buffer before get send so it will react delayed. 

Normally once printer is correctly confugred no babysteps should be required. So best is to first calibrate printer and then print without babysteps. Just use it as a fast fix if you see you get too close or it sticks not well.