Printer comes up as a different make and model

I have recently installed repetier and converted my Da Vinci 1.0A printer to use third party software. Everything works fine up until when my printer is connected; for some reason on repetier host, my printer comes up as “Mendel” which is not the model printer I am using; not even the same maker. I believe this is also the reason why my bed will not heat up, even after some manual g-code to do so, and also my bed will only move down, even if given vertical input. I am not certain why this is, but I believe that it is because the software is seeing my printer as a different one, which does not have a moveable bed, nor a heated one. Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Comments

• Where do you see the Mendel model name? In M115 response? That is actually not relevant for heated bed. It is just coming from firmware as name. More important is that the firmware is configured to have a heated bed and report bed temperature with M105. You can see it in log if you enable ACK. Response should have B:... included for heated bed temperature. If it does not you have configured no heated bed for your printer.

Which firmware did you use? The da vinci form from Luc with predefined configurations? 
  • Repetier said:
    Where do you see the Mendel model name? In M115 response? That is actually not relevant for heated bed. It is just coming from firmware as name. More important is that the firmware is configured to have a heated bed and report bed temperature with M105. You can see it in log if you enable ACK. Response should have B:... included for heated bed temperature. If it does not you have configured no heated bed for your printer.

Which firmware did you use? The da vinci form from Luc with predefined configurations? 
    Im not entierly sure on where I can find the M105, or ACK. I followed Jacob Dykstra video on how to convert my printer's software to be accecable to repetier software. Im also trying to figure out why when I give any input to my beds Z direction (both up or down) the bed will always go down. To find the mendel name, I just looked under printer Info and its under the machine type 
  • M105 gets send every second, just activate ACK in log at bottom (easy mode off required) and you see temperature reports.
  • are you talking about the temp readings? when I am in the manual control of the printer, the bed wont heat up to the set temp. is there a way I can send you a  screen recording?
  • Sparrow77 said:
    are you talking about the temp readings? when I am in the manual control of the printer, the bed wont heat up to the set temp. is there a way I can send you a  screen recording?
    when I turn on ACK, I can see that it is sending some messages, this seems like it is say "wait" and then the seconds past
  • Sparrow77 said:
    Sparrow77 said:
    are you talking about the temp readings? when I am in the manual control of the printer, the bed wont heat up to the set temp. is there a way I can send you a  screen recording?
    when I turn on ACK, I can see that it is sending some messages, this seems like it is say "wait" and then the seconds past
    but this does nothing to the bed temps :/
  • Sparrow77 said:
    sorry for the load of replies, I turned on temp logs and am getting this for the bed "T:20.00 /0 B:20.57 /55 B@:255 @:0"
  • Ok this looks good: B:20.57 /55 B@:255
    Means bed is set to 55 and heating 100%. If this is longer in that state and still 20deg measured it is a problem in firmware using wrong pin number for heater output assuming hardware is ok and powered. Most boards also have a led on heater output so you see if that output is enabled.
  • would you know where the output would be for the heater on the Da Vinci 1.0A?
  • I am using repetier 0.91 for firmware, not sure if that is too old
  • You should use a form on github from a user called luc, he has made modifications to our firmware that optimise it for davinci. I have no such printer and can not saz anything about the printer or settings only about firmware in general.
  • do you mind sending the link so I can use the right one, I don't want to download the wrong thing.
  • https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-4-Davinci

is the version adjusted for some davinci printers.
  • I noticed that I need to have arduino 1.5.8 installed, but when I open the file from github, there is a 1.6.9 and a 1.8.0 version, not a 1.5.8 would that change anything?
  • If it compiles it is ok. Newer version can have newer compilers that do not like some constructs, so it can happen that a line does not compile with newer compiler.
  • So it looks like everything works fine when uploading the firmware on the printer, but when the upload is complete, I keep getting notifications that the usb device is not reconized, printer is still on the flashed state. could this be because I have put the hardware folder for the arduino in the wrong spot? i've tried a few folders from the github extracted folder, and yet nothing works. 
  • Did you select correct hardware as described in documentation? It is important to select the board in Arduino IDE and if it appears, is selected and compiles it should be ok. Otherwise communication might not work due to wrong driver on firmware side or firmware crashing for havin set wrong cpu, something like that. If files are in wrong folder you would normally not see the board for selection.