I cannot get extruder temp above 180, why?

Hi there, printed my first test print... not bad (25 cm cube). Having problems with PLA adhering to bed (who doesn't), trying different things at the moment, would like to raise temp of my extruder to 185 or 190 to see if that helps. Unfortunately, RH interface locks at 180. It's set up as 190 in Gcode, and in my Printer Settings, I also even checked Slicer Configuration; all set to 190.
Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Also, using PLA because I've read it "adheres" better to bed and you don't need to heat bed. Well, it won't stick at all when it's not heated, sticks "sometimes" when I put the bed all the way up to 80c.  is that normal?

thanks for any help!

Comments

• In printer settings->extruder you have set your max. extruder temperature in host for the interface. Increase that if it is the host reducing it.

PLA with heated bed has a sweet spot between 50-60°C. If you get too hot it gets weak and does not stick again.
    PLA without heated bed works with blue tape. Surface is important if you have no temp and also with heating. Glue stick also helps with heated bed and sometimes even sticks too well.
  • Thank you.
    That "sweet spot" advice helped. Also wiped a tiny bit of my wifes hairspray and that worked pretty good.

Although, I still was not able to increase extruder temp above 180. In settings I have temp set to 190, max at 200. Still cannot manually change it in RH.

• I'm confused where you set what. Firmware and host have limits and both apply if you set a temperature. Smallest value wins :-)
  • I'm sorry for the confusion. I did not change the firmware... actually, I couldn't find any settings to change while looking for Extruder temp settings.   Ah crap!!!  lol...  I just did a 'line-by-line' search and found "MAXTEMP 180" under the 'Heated bed config' section. That's gotta be it (figured it was for the heated bed).
    i was looking for any line with "Extruder" in it.

In the meantime (using temp 180), I was able to model my own "Groot" character and printed it... my first custom print!

As always; thanks for your help!
    Richi