Double Distance after Back_on_home

Hello all together

I have the following Problem and haven't found a solution in the Forum: I switched my Hardware from Ramps 1.4 to RADDS on an Arduino DUE. So far everything works well except one Thing: The Distance-Behavior of the Effector after homing Procedure.

When I home my Delta Printer, the Carriages moves up to the Endstops and are stoped correctly from the Endstops. In the Firmware I set the following:
#define ENDSTOP_X_BACK_MOVE 1
#define ENDSTOP_Y_BACK_MOVE 1
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_MOVE 1
#define ENDSTOP_X_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 60
#define ENDSTOP_Y_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 60
#define ENDSTOP_Z_RETEST_REDUCTION_FACTOR 60
#define ENDSTOP_X_BACK_ON_HOME 48
#define ENDSTOP_Y_BACK_ON_HOME 48
#define ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME 48

Endstop_Offsets are all three set to 0 (X, Y, Z)

Homing Speed is 60mm/s.
Z_max_length is 410mm

After the first stop, the Carriages move back 1mm and with my very low Speed of 1mm/s it moves again up for the search of the exact endstop Position. So far so well.

Then my Carriages should move back down 48mm to give the Carriage the space for the Movement in the x-y-Layer of the top Layer. But my Printer moves down much more than 48mm. When I measure it, it is about double the distance (I measured 97mm) and I don't understand why. In this Position my Printer Shows the Z-Position on 410mm. I'm able to move up the Effector to 458mm - why? But by Z=0 my Effector would Crash into the Bed. This was the Setting im my RAMPS 1.4 configuration and worked well (Z=0 was really z=0, and after Homing z=410mm was 48mm away from the Endstop).

My steps/mm are well configurated (Z-Movements are correct measured in absolute Distances in Z-Direction, Error <=0.02mm). Diagonal Rod lenth and DeltaRadius are withing a tolerance of +/- 0.06mm -> My calibration has not endedd, but I think this error ist too small for a Homing Error of 49mm.

So my Question is: Why my Effector moves Back after Homing more than my 48mm like I Programmed it in the Firmware?

Thank you for the Help...

Greethings

Comments

• Could it be that eeprom settings have stored other values? With double distance I normally would also check microstepping but then z moves would also be wrong, so my top tip is different values in eeprom.
  • The last time I asked a question here, the solution at the end was exactly the EEPROM Problem :-). So that was the first Thing I checked -> Upload the Firmware with another EEPROM value (<>0) -> same Problem. So: no it is not a fault of the EEPROM Setting.

In my eyes it cannot be the microstepping, because then z moves would be wrong (not all Motors move the same distance during z movements or when I move the Effector 10mm down, it would move down more or less then 10mm - and thats not the case).

It is no a really big Problem, because I do not loose z-high. I have do reduce the Z_max_lenth by the value of 48mm. The Printer allows to go up These 48mm with a higher Z-value than my z_mx_length is. SO I do not loose z_high and the Problem is not really a Problem, but I do not understand why the Printer Shows this behavior since my RADDS upgrade. And i really don't like it, when the Printer makes something which I didn't say to him!!!

I take out of your answer, that you also don't see directly a reason for this behavior. Well, that's ok for me. When I'm the only one with that behavior and the Problem is not bigger, i will let it be like it is. But for me it is strange.

Thank you, greethings