Z always 0.7 to high after G32 S2

edited September 2015 in General
Hi

this one has been bugging me for a few weeks

I can do a home of Z and i get the correct height

but if i do a G32 S2 it will always be 0.7mm to high over the bed

i use repetier server and repetier host.... i edit eprom values from repetier server

3 screenshots of my eprom values:

tried to mod Z probe height but it did not change a thing... i always do a M502 before the G32 S2

any ideas?

Comments

• hmmm trying to post imugr links... it replaces the 3 screenshot links with the same photo.... 
  • Reduce z-probe height by 0.7mm to get it lower.
  • I raised it first by 0.7 and it stayed the same and i tried to raise it another 0.7

will try and lower it 1.4 first and then lower it 0.7 again
  • what i norammly do is to reset everything with M502

then i do the G32 S2

but i guess the M502 causes it to read firmware defaults and not what is in Eprom.... am i right?
  • Just did as you suggested and now its 1.4 to high.... will try to go in the other directtion without an M502 first
  • That worked...

so i guess its time to read out the eprom values and put them in firmware so they dont get lost
  • M502 copes values from configuration.h to ram or eeprom for values not having ram storage (like z probe height) so it overwrites your old settings everytime but only stores a few back to eeprom. To store all in eeprom add M500 after it. But you should not constantly copy the values to eeprom and back. Set them to right values and leave them.