Repetier-Host in docker container

Has anyone had any luck running Repetier-Hostin a Docker container? 

Comments

• Host is a graphical software and that is not really what docker was made for. However you can run  Repetier-Server inside a docker container as it has no direct interface, only via browser which can ruin on the device with display.
  • Repetier said:
    Host is a graphical software and that is not really what docker was made for. However you can run  Repetier-Server inside a docker container as it has no direct interface, only via browser which can ruin on the device with display.
    I am mainly looking for overall system stability.  I have other programs running in docker containers and snaps that I do not want affected by anything.  Is the appimage version setup to run in a sandbox?
  • Don't think so. It just caries a lot of libraries required, but executes on normal executeables in main linux it gets called from. 
  • Repetier said:
    Don't think so. It just caries a lot of libraries required, but executes on normal executeables in main linux it gets called from. 
    Ok thank you.  I installed it yesterday and will play around with it and see

• A Docker container implements all that.

If u learn how to build a docker container literally anything can exist - fully functional - in that closed container.

Containing does not mean that u can't acces from outside.

Just like through a Firewall.