Unable to remove Printer

I am unable to remove a printer I created.
The printer in question is a klipper machine named "test".
I get a popup that says: "Operation not permitted You have a klipper installation for this printer. please uninstall the klipper installation first"
Upon klicking ok I get taken to the klipper configuration window.
when I klick uninstall I get a popup with the following output:
"We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local SystemAdministrator. It usually boils down to these three things:    #1) Respect the privacy of others.    #2) Think before you type.    #3) With great power comes great responsibility.sudo: a terminal is required to read the password; either use the -S option to read from standard input or configure an askpass helpersudo: a password is required
Operation finished with exit code 256"

I remain unable to remove the printer.

Comments

• Yes, when you installed a connected Klippe rinstance you need to remove it first. Uninstalling runs uninstallKlipper as sudo. There was an issue with this so maybe you need to update first. Or check if the file
    /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms
    contains this line:
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/uninstallKlipper
    From your post it looks like sudo fails and this is normally due to missing the line in allowed sudoers. Adding it (as root) should solve it.  Ifit is missing you might also miss

repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installKlipper
    All 3 are inserted normally at same test.
  • There were 0 lines in there. I entered the first one but that doesn't seem to change anything about the behaviour.
  • Did you open it with sudo as it is permission sesitive:
    sudo nano /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms

Should look like this:
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/manageWifiAccess
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/installWebcam2

repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/screensaver
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/timedatectl
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /var/lib/Repetier-Server/scripts/log

repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/usbreset
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /bin/date
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/installKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/uninstallKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/restartKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /bin/login
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installInputShaping
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/createFirmware
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/inputShaping
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/updateKlipper
    repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/getKlipperLog

If the file is not there you can expect more issues and question is who did remove it. It gets installed on server installation automatically if it is not there.
  • Well if it existed before, it was empty. Cant relay tell if the file got created when i tried to open it or if it already existed.
    I put all those lines in there but the behavior doesn't change.
  • Does file have correct permissions?

ls -l  /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms
    -rw-r----- 1 root root 972 Nov 15 14:41 /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms

You see only root can write and only root.root can read. Any other permission will sudo mmake ignor ethe file.

Are you running on a system with sudo support installed? I assumed raspberry where klipper normally runs on.
  • edited February 21
    Same problem here. Im trying to install klipper but this fails and now cant delette printers.

Printer Deletion Failed Undefined.

[21.02.2024 00:51:45] : Handling action 'getKlipperStatus' caused error boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::construct: Permission denied [system:13]: "/opt/klipper"
    [21.02.2024 00:51:45] : Handling action 'removeConfiguration' caused error boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied [system:13]: "/opt/klipper/K1Klipper2"

I can see the file sudo nano /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms ok.

-rw-r----- 1 root root 1308 Sep  8 22:57 /etc/sudoers.d/repetierserver-perms

• Klipper 0.12 Python3 always fails

###### Updating python virtual environment ######

/tmp/klipperInstaller.sh: line 143: virtualenv: command not found

Only works if you... Install Klipper 0.12 Python2 and fail..., then retry Klipper 0.12 Python2 and this works. Now unistall Klipper 0.12 Python2 and install Klipper 0.12 Python3. Sucesfull!!!

• Thanks. For python 3 I installed python3-virtualenv package instead assuming it would be the python 3 virtualenv command. But that is a python script. So now I install also the virtualenv package for python 3 on first try.