Not connected to any destination error when creating timelapse videos

hello,

When I try to create a timelapse video, I see this error : 

output pad "default" for the filter "parsed filter 1 vflip" of type "vflip" not connected to any destination

Any ideas on how to fix this error?

Thanks a lot. 

Comments

• My webcam is vertically flipped fyi, that's what's causing the problem.

When I turn it back to normal (for me the video is upside down now) then the error is gone.

So probably a bug in the system of the filter "vflip" ?
  • Sounds like your ffmpeg version does not support vflip. Or are you using avconv? What version and os are you using?
  • edited November 2016
    Hello,

I got a pi with version 8 installed.

pi@RepetierServer:~ $ cat /etc/*release* 

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie)"

NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"

VERSION_ID="8"

VERSION="8 (jessie)"

ID=raspbian

ID_LIKE=debian

I used this guide to install my usb webcam : https://www.repetier-server.com/setting-webcam-repetier-server-linux/  

I'm truly a linux noob so I'm following guides to get things done ;)

Thanks for your help.  
  • edited November 2016
    and it seems I'm using avconv 

pi@RepetierServer:~ $ avconv -version

avconv version 11.8-6:11.8-1~deb8u1+rpi1, Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the Libav developers

built on Oct  8 2016 02:37:00 with gcc 4.9.2 (Raspbian 4.9.2-10)

avconv 11.8-6:11.8-1~deb8u1+rpi1

libavutil     54.  3. 0 / 54.  3. 0

libavcodec    56.  1. 0 / 56.  1. 0

libavformat   56.  1. 0 / 56.  1. 0

libavdevice   55.  0. 0 / 55.  0. 0

libavfilter    5.  0. 0 /  5.  0. 0

libavresample  2.  1. 0 /  2.  1. 0

libswscale     3.  0. 0 /  3.  0. 0

• any ideas of what's next for me to solve this problem and create timelapse videos?
  • Just tested this on a pi with exactly same avconv and had no problem with 180° rotated image. Created video without error.
    Not sure what yo have done different. What are your settings for creating timelapse videos? Global and printer settings might be important as defaults from image seem to work.
  • I'm using this command : 

/usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i "input_uvc.so -r 1280x720 -f 15" -o "output_http.so -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-streamer/www" -b

my timelapse video settings are the default ones from your program. 

I haven't changed anything to those settings...

the stream is working but the timelapse videos give me an error because my webcam is flipped upside down.
  • As long as you have images created for timelapse it is not the mjpg streamer. The video is made with avconv which is why I wanted to know your settings in server to create timelapse. In global config your setup and also for the printer.
  • Not sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you talking about these settings?

and these? 

• Exactly and bitrate/frames set in your printer->webcam->timelapse for generation. I tested with default + watermark and it worked also flipped. Maybe it is the watermark removal that makes command line invalid.
  • These are the timelapse settings for generation :

Is it not possible to turn off the watermark? Do you get an error when you turn it off?
  • Ok, could reproduce it. It is in deed the watermark. Enable it and you can make videos. Will check for next update how to fix it.
  • YOu could upload transparent png to still have no watermark with that version.
  • I'll leave your watermark on for now, thanks for helping me finding the cause of this error. Appreciated.

• Ok, found the problem in the filter command. Tomorrow you can upgrade:-)